Today marks the first day since I graduated high school that I have seriously contemplated enrolling in college. And that my friend is a milestone. I have always said I wanted to go back to school but to actually sit and think long and hard about how I would go about making it happen ? Just some of my thoughts..
- Go to HCC (Houston Community College) in order to get my basics out of the way
- Drop by HCC and find out what I would need to enroll in etc.: a transcript,SAT scores, and all that good stuff.
- Pick-up some financial aid papers and see about applying for grants.
- Call my aunt and find out the name of the school her ex went to in order to get her nursing degree and also find out any info she may have on enrolling into school.
- See the hours available for night school and see about getting a schedule change at work
- How would this affect my relationship with RM seeing how we would hardly be seeing one another with me working full time and going to school? Is the relationship strong enough to survive? 😦
- Thinking about all the extra paper that will be rolling in after I get a degree 🙂
- Nurses are always in demand
- Tired of living paycheck to paycheck
- Want a house
- Need money to clear up credit
- Don’t have any kids getting in my way right now
- Would like to provide a better life for myself and my future children if I happen to have any.
- I am not doing anything to challenge myself.
Granted this life I am living now is a challenge in itself. Now all I have to do is get my mind right! How do I go about doing that? Constantly thinking and saying I WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL NOW!! Just believe I can do it! Stop being such a wimp. Believe that I am a strong azz woman and can make it possible. Imma make it do what it do babee..
|Hebrews 11 : 1|
Now faith is the substantiation of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
“calleth those things which be not as though they were.”
It helps to put my thoughts on paper and actively taking steps to find out the information I need to get back into school. I can do this man. Tell RM my plans, because he is a pushy little thing. I am not saying I will be enrolling immediately, but this is something that I want to do . Time spent messing around on the computer when i get home from work could be time invested in my career. Yes its gonna be hard. Who said the road of success was easy? I can do this!!!